Friday, November 10, 2006

Figuring It Out

Well I titled this "figuring it out" because thats me right now...just trying to figure things out. First, this blog...not really sure how it works, or what its going to end up looking like or being. But thanks for stopping in and checking it out! Right now, I'm thinking this blog will just be me sharing some things that have been on my mind and how I feel about a few things. I guess the biggest thing I'm trying to figure out is what I'm going to do after I graduate. I know I've got a year and a half to figure it out and there are more immediate things I've got to deal with, but this one issue has been an underlying question for quite some time. Luckily, I've got several options, it's not like I've got no where to go and nothing to do...its quite the opposite! I've got so much that I want to do, and experience and learn and to see. I just don't know when or how these things will fall into place.

And the tough part about whatever my decision will be, is that it will effect more people than just me. Particularly my family and my church family. My family has taken a few hard hits over the past couple of years and I want to be here for them and support them as much as possible. (by the way, as of yesterday I have a new nephew!! His name is Ryan and he's perfect!) Also, my church family has been such a blessing in my life that it would be hard to ever leave such amazing and loving people. SO, here I am with lots of questions. Even though I'm really unsure of what my future holds, I take so much comfort in knowing that God is in control and he knows his plans for me and they are for a prosperous and abundant life. And he's given me so much encouragement in his word, like don't worry about anything, pray always, rest in Him, rejoice! Basically, God lets me know everyday that he cares about me, he knows my needs better than I do. Knowing that God is my provider definitely helps me out when I'm on the brink of an anxiety attack thinking about all these things! Being in a relationship with Him is by far the thing I am most grateful for, I have NO idea who I would be, where I would be or what I would be doing otherwise, because God has shaped so much of my life. My prayer is that the decisions that I do make reflect and glorify God and that my desires are the same desires that God has for my life.

Well, this looks like a good stopping point until next time. Again, thanks for checking out this blog! Have a great week!

No comments: