Monday, November 20, 2006

Whipped Cream

Have you ever noticed how whipped cream makes food taste better? Well, I did this weekend as I had the opportunity to eat the oh so delicious camp food at Epworth By the Sea. As we all know, camp food is not a delicacy, it'll get you by but you definitely don't crave it or even like it. Anyway, I went to Epworth to lead a workshop for middle schoolers. It was a pretty cool experience, I got to see and talk to a lot of people I don't get to hang around much. I got to meet a lot of middle schoolers from all over Georgia and really just have a fun and relaxing weekend in St. Simons. I definitely missed all of our middle school students though, it would have been even better with them there.
But one night at dinner I decided to try some banana pudding. I had just woken up from a nap and still in that half asleep mode so I was just kinda staring at my food and not eating too much. And then I remembered I had gotten that banana pudding, now I don't like bananas but I love banana pudding...don't really know why or how that works, but I like it. Well I dive into the beloved banana pudding that ends up with the texture of...glue with huge banana chunks in it, it was way too thick and sticky and just gross. But they gave you a little scoop of whipped cream on top of it so I mixed it all in together and it ended up being a decent banana pudding. Seriously, that banana pudding made my entire meal. Actually it wasn't even the banana pudding, it was the whipped cream on top. For some reason that whipped cream really made an impression on me, I've never really considered myself to be a massive food lover or anything but this whipped cream was a big deal. It made me think that whipped cream really does make everything taste better. Think about all the desserts that you've had, and how whipped cream is on top of pretty much all of them...and its amazing, it totally makes it better. Plus, desserts are the best part of the meal anyway. I gained 10 pounds my freshman year of college because of the desserts in Mercer's dining hall, it was awesome!
Anyway, so I got to thinking about this whipped cream and how thankful I was for it because it made my dinner better and all my desserts are better because of it. Then I started thinking that's how God can be. He makes everything better in my life. God brings love and joy and blessings into my life that make a huge difference in who I am. God makes my relationships better, he makes my work ethic stronger, he softens me and makes me a nicer person to be around, he takes care of me and my needs, and my attitude is a positive one because I can see God moving in my life and in the world around me. Really, everything in my life is better because of who God is. And I am so grateful for that. I think for my next entry I may make a list of the things in my life that I'm grateful for...and one of them will be whipped cream...

No comments: