Thursday, November 23, 2006

My List

Let me begin this entry letting you know about my Thanksgiving break, I was sick the whole time and basically slept the entire week. If I tried to do pretty much anything I would get exhausted really fast and have to sleep more so that's why a lot of my list of the things I'm thankful for has to do with health issues. So I start my list with being thankful for usually being healthy. I'm also recently thankful for Dayquill and Nyquill, they have been a huge help the past couple of days. Some other things I'm thankful for are my family, I think I grow more and more grateful for them everyday. There was a time when I didn't feel that way at all, I couldn't stand being around them and I felt like I didn't fit with them because we're all so different. My mindset has changed a lot about my family and I'm so glad that is has, God has really blessed me with a loving family. I'm thankful for my friends and what a positive influence they are on my life. I'm thankful for my church and all the experiences I've had at Forest Hills. From being a student in the youth ministry to now being one of its leaders has been almost unbelievable, it's hard to grasp how it all has happened. I feel so small and its hard to believe that I'm a part of something so big. I'm thankful for my experiences at Mercer, I really do believe that they are worth all the time, effort, studying, and money that I'm putting into it.

Those are the big ones but I'm also thankful for the small things like sunsets, the view from my apartment, text messages, space heaters, when class is cancelled, chapstick, road trips, when students ask me funny questions, lunch drawing, good and meaningful conversations, prayer, sleeping in late, my Taylor guitar, good food, hearing your favorite song, laughing so hard it hurts, compliments, getting back good grades, dancing, flag football, going to the beach, inspirational movies...I mean the list goes on and on of all the things I have to be thankful for. Oh yeah, I can't forget the whipped cream that I mentioned in my earlier post! If we really sit back and think about all the things that God has placed in our lives, it is astounding. And the absolute best part to me is that Jesus shares in these things with us. When I'm happy he's happy when I'm laughing he's laughing and even when we weep, Jesus weeps with us. We are never left to live this life alone, we are never abandoned. We always have someone to share with in our abundant lives. Just thinking about that makes me smile and adds more to my neverending list.

No comments: